Cancel your Mail Plus subscription
Yahoo Mail Plus has been replaced by Yahoo Ad Free Mail. As long as your account is current and in good standing, it will renew yearly, as before, for $19.99. If you want to cancel Mail Plus, here's how.
Before you cancel
If you decide to cancel your Mail Plus subscription, consider the following:
- Service will be terminated immediately upon cancellation request.
- Depending on the Terms of Service you agreed to when signing up for Yahoo Mail, a prorated refund for the unused portion of the service may be issued upon cancellation.
- Your Yahoo Mail account reverts to the free mail account features.
- Free Yahoo Mail accounts now have the following features, previously only available in Mail Plus:
- Disposable Addresses
- 200 Filters
- POP Access and Mail Forwarding
- If you cancel Mail Plus, you would need to sign up for Ad Free Mail to prevent your free Yahoo Mail account from becoming inactive and view it without ads.
Canceling Yahoo Mail Plus
In Yahoo Mail:
- Mouse over the Settings Menu icon | select Account Info.
- Enter your password.
- Click View your Yahoo premium services.
- For your account security, enter your password again.
- In the "Products & Service" column, locate "Yahoo Mail Plus". Along the same line, under "Action" at the right, click View Service Details.
- Above the "Service Summary" box, in the upper-right area of the page, click Cancel Service.
- Click Continue to cancel.