Turn off Yahoo second sign-in verification
To prevent unauthorized account access, Yahoo uses an authentication feature known as "second sign-in verification." It asks you to verify a security question, or a code texted to your mobile device, when a login attempt is made on your account from a new location or device.
Disabling second sign-in verification
- From a desktop or laptop computer, go to your Yahoo Account Information.
- Under "Sign-In and Security," click Set up your second sign-in verification.
- Uncheck the box next to Your second sign-in verification is turned on.
- A "Turn Off Second Sign-In Verification?" pop-up window appears.
- Click Turn Off, to confirm.
Important: Once disabled, you will no longer receive notifications when you access your account from a new location.