Second sign-in verification
What is second sign-in verification?
When you sign in to your account, if we don't recognize your device or location, we'll ask for a second verification step.
Why is it important?
If someone other than yourself tries to access your account, even if they guess your password, they still wouldn't be able to get in without using this second verification.
Activate second sign-in verification
- Visit your Yahoo Account Information page.
- Under "Sign-in and Security," click Set up your second sign-in verification.
- Follow the instructions on the screen to complete setup. You have two options:
- Use either your security questions or a supported mobile number for verification.
- Use only your mobile number for verification.
Did you know? Some third-party apps don't work with second sign-in, and will require you to generate a separate "App Password" to connect with Yahoo. They include:
- Mail apps like iOS Mail, Android Mail, and Outlooks
- Some Yahoo apps like Messenger on PC
- Second sign-in will only trigger the first time you use your computer or device, unless you have cleared your browser's cache.
- If you change your mobile number, update it in your Yahoo account info.
- If you lose your mobile phone, please sign in using a device we recognize.