Alternate email address/mobile number verification troubleshooting
Learn some common reasons why you may be having trouble verifying your email address or mobile number.
Email never arrives
- Be sure that you're using a valid email address.
- Ask your Internet Service Provider (ISP) or email provider if they are blocking any mail from Yahoo.
- Turn off any spam or junk mail filters so the email is not misdirected.
Good to know: While the email will arrive quickly, it's not instantaneous. It can be delayed several hours.
SMS text message never arrives
- Contact your mobile carrier to see if they are blocking the SMS message.
- Be sure that you're providing a valid mobile number. For example, we don't support landlines.
Note: If you mistype your mobile number, the SMS verification code will be sent to the owner of that number and not to your mobile phone.
You have received a "Verification link is no longer valid" or "OOPS! you are already signed in" error message
If you're still not getting the verification code, requesting a new code often fixes the issue.