Enable POP in Yahoo Mail
Important: Only messages from your Yahoo Mail's Inbox and Spam folders can be delivered to an external email client.
- Sign in to Yahoo Mail.
- Mouse over the Settings menu icon |select Settings.
- The "Settings" window opens.
- To the right of "Yahoo Account," click Edit.
- A window with additional account settings opens.
- To the right of "Access your Yahoo Mail elsewhere," select POP.
- Select your POP option from the drop-down menu:
- Don't download spam email - Only delivers your Inbox messages, not your Spam folder.
- Download spam with no special indicators - Delivers Inbox and Spam messages with no visible "Spam" indicator.
- Download spam, but prefix the word "Spam" - Delivers Inbox and Spam messages. Spam messages contain "Spam" in the subject line.
- Click Save.
Click your mail program's link for steps:
- Entourage 2001 and higher
- IncrediMail 618 and higher
- Mac Mail for Apple OSX v.10.5 or 10.6
- Mac Mail for Apple OSX v.10.7
- Outlook 2000
- Outlook 2002 and 2003
- Outlook 2007
- Outlook 2010
- Outlook 2011 for Mac
- Outlook 2013
- Outlook Express
- Windows Live Mail
Need more POP info? See our article with POP server settings for Yahoo Mail.
Have a Business Mail account? See our "Business Mail POP and SMTP settings" help article for more info.