Login Activity: What are Access Types and Events?
The Login Activity feature contains useful info about how a Yahoo account has been accessed recently.
How your Yahoo account was accessed
- Browser – Accessing your account from a computer using Internet Explorer, Firefox, etc.
- Mobile - A mobile device with web enabled browsers.
- For example, iPhone, Android, and Blackberry.
- Application – An application used to access your account data.
- For example, Yahoo Mail for iPhone.
How access was granted to the account
- Logged in to Yahoo product – Both your Yahoo ID and Password were entered manually in order to access your account.
- Yahoo! products that may display include:
- Yahoo Mail
- Yahoo homepage
- Yahoo Sports
- Yahoo Finance
- Logged in - When both your Yahoo ID and Password were entered for a Yahoo product not listed above.
- Mail Access - When you are already signed in to Yahoo and accessed Yahoo Mail.
Example: You sign in to Yahoo Mail on a desktop computer and enter both your Yahoo ID and Password.
- This event will be shown as: "Browser" and "Logged in to Yahoo Mail."