Change your security questions
You may need to change your security questions if you forgot your answers or if you want to strengthen your security information. Here's how.
You'll need to know your password before you can update your security questions. Not sure what it is? Use our Password Helper.
- Security questions must be 5 to 100 characters in length and may only contain letters and numbers.
- The answers to your questions must be 4 to 32 characters in length and may only contain letters and numbers.
- Security questions cannot contain the answer.
- The security questions cannot be the same.
- The answers to your two security questions cannot be the same.
Here are the steps to change them
- Using a desktop or laptop computer, go to your Yahoo Account Information page.
- Sign in with your Yahoo ID and password.
- Under "Sign-In and Security," click Update password - reset info.
- Select one of the security questions, or create your own.
- Click Save to confirm your changes.
Don't have security questions on your account?