Recover Deleted Contacts in Yahoo Messenger
In some cases, it may be possible to restore deleted contacts from your Yahoo Contacts.
Note: If contacts were deleted from the mobile version of Yahoo Contacts, you must access Yahoo Contacts using a desktop computer in order to begin the recovery process.
Restore deleted Messenger contacts with Yahoo Contacts
- Sign out of Yahoo Messenger.
- Sign in to Yahoo Contacts.
- Select the View All Contacts menu | select Deleted Contacts.
- Select the contact you want to restore to your Messenger List.
- Click the Restore button.
Once you've recovered your contacts, you can re-add them to your Yahoo Messenger list.
Re-add contacts to your Yahoo Messenger list
- Open the "Address Book" Group.
- Double-click on the name of the contact you wish to re-add.
- A Conversation (or "IM") window opens for that contact.
- Click the + (plus) icon located on their Conversation window.
- Follow the onscreen instructions to add them.
Restore contacts that don't appear in your "Deleted Contacts" list
- If contacts are missing because of a bug, or because your account was compromised, please go to the Yahoo Contacts Restore Form to request a Contacts restore, and we will do everything we can to restore your contacts. Before requesting our help, please note the following:
- Recovery is not guaranteed. We will do our best effort to recover your contacts, but isn't always possible.
- We can only recover contacts lost within the last 10 days. Because of this short timeline, please contact us immediately when you notice that contacts are missing.