Why are some Yahoo Messenger features grayed out?
This article explains why some features including call buttons, audibles, IMVironments, photo/file sharing, and text formatting may be grayed out when chatting with a particular contact. It also explains why you may receive the following error messages:
- "Configuration doesn't appear to support video calls."
- "Configuration doesn't appear to support voice calls."
Some Yahoo Messenger features will be unavailable if you're communicating with a contact who is using any of the following products:
- Yahoo Messenger 9 and below
- Yahoo Messenger in Mail
- Yahoo Messenger for Mac
- Yahoo Messenger on mobile devices
- All third-party messaging clients, such as Trillian, Pidgin, or iChat
To ensure full compatibility, both you and your contact must use the latest version of Yahoo Messenger for Windows.