Supported wireless carriers and countries for SMS text messaging
Yahoo supports these countries, carriers, and short codes for use in SMS text messaging.
Important: Your mobile carrier and country must be listed below for you to be able use the SMS feature of Yahoo Messenger.
Supported countries, carriers, and their short codes for SMS text messaging:
- FIDO and ROGERS - 92466000
- TELUS - 92466
- AIRTEL, VODAFONE, IDEA, BSNL, RELIANCE, TATA (Indicom and DoCoMo), LOOP, MTNL (Delhi & Mumbai), UNINOR and MTS - 56767775
- BAKRIE, EXCELCOM, and MOBILE8 - 9246
- HUTCH3 - 92466
- INDOSAT - 946
- TELKOMSEL - 4246
- SMART - 946
- WATANIYA - 1411
- CELCOM - 22235
- DIGI - 32235
- MAXIS - 32235
- MOBILINK - 171
- GLOBE - 2258
- SUN CELLULAR - 2466
- SMART - 62580
- AIS - 4508040
- DTAC - 1924668
- ATT, BOOST, NEXTEL (including Sprint), SPRINT (including Sprint Re-sellers), T-MOBILE, US CELLULAR, VERIZON, and VIRGIN - 92466
- HTMOBILE, MOBIFONE, S-FONE, VIETTEL, and VINAPHONE - 8269
- GTEL - 8269
- Learn more: How to send a text SMS message with Yahoo Messenger.
- About short codes: Short codes are special short telephone numbers that are used to address SMS messages for mobile phones.
- Unsupported carriers: When using a carrier that isn't listed above it can seem like SMS text messages and registration are functional when they really are not. We can't guarantee availability or functionality of SMS messaging using an unsupported carrier.
- We no longer provide support for this carrier: Alltel (US) customers, now under Allied Wireless, are no longer supported by Yahoo Messenger.
- If you would like Yahoo to consider supporting your country or carrier: See this article that explains how to send feedback to our Yahoo Messenger for Mobile team.