Change your contact display name in Yahoo Messenger
Don’t like how your name is displayed in Yahoo! Messenger? Not a problem. Here’s how to change it and send updated details to your contacts. This way, everything you’ve changed will be reflected in their contact list.
Edit your contact details
- Open Yahoo Messenger and sign in.
- Click the Messenger menu and select My Contact Details.
- Enter any new contact information or edit the existing contact information.
- Click Save & Close.
- Close Yahoo Messenger and then open it again.
Notes on updating your contact details on someone's contact list
- The "First" and "Last" name fields are required.
- The "Nickname" field can only be updated on your own contact list.
- Your contact details cannot be removed. The information can only be updated.
- The person must accept the update for their contact list to be updated.
Send your updated contact details
- Click the Actions menu and select Send My Contact Details.
- Select the person or people you want to send your contact details to and then click Next.
- Select the check boxes in front of the information you want to send or update.
- If any information is missing, click Edit My Contact Details to make the necessary modifications and then click Save & Close.
- When you are done, click Finish to send your updated contact details.
Request a contact's updated details
- Select a contact from your Messenger List.
- Click the Actions menu.
- Select Request Contact Details.