Change your listed mobile number in Yahoo Messenger
Did you change your cell phone number? It is very common. Here is how to add or change your mobile phone number that is listed in Yahoo Messenger.
To add your new mobile number in Yahoo Messenger, you must first delete your old number.
Delete the old number
- Click the Messenger menu.
- Select Preferences.
- Click the Mobile category, and then click Edit Mobile Number... near the center of the window.
- Click Delete Number.
- Click Delete. You will be returned to the Yahoo Messenger window, with a confirmation that you have no registered mobile devices.
- Exit and restart Yahoo Messenger for the changes to show up.
You have now successfully deleted your old mobile number. The next step is to add your new one.
Add a new number
- iPhone: Go to the Yahoo Mobile/iPhone webpage. You can also install the Yahoo Messenger iPhone app from the App Store.
- BlackBerry: Go to the Yahoo Mobile/BlackBerry webpage.
- Other mobile devices: You can add the new device number from the version of Yahoo Messenger that's installed on your computer.
- Click the mobile-device icon that's located at the right of your display image.
- Select Edit Mobile Phone and follow the instructions. To review those steps, go to the help page, How to use Yahoo Messenger SMS on your mobile device.
- Yahoo Mobile/ webpage: While on the Yahoo Mobile webpage, enter the phone number for your new mobile device and then click Send a link to my phone. Follow the step-by-step instructions to add your new mobile device.