Changing the Temperature Display to Celsius on the Yahoo Weather plug-in?
This article explains how to edit the thermometer to show metric units.
The default temperature measurement for Yahoo Weather is degrees Fahrenheit, which is what controls the Yahoo Weather Plug-in. If you'd prefer to have your temperature in degrees Celsius, you'll need to modify your preferences on the Yahoo Weather Page. Here's how:
- Close the Yahoo Weather Plug-in by clicking on the down arrow and clicking Close.
- Click here to sign in (if you haven't already).
- Click Edit next to My Yahoo Locations.
- Select the desired temperature measurement: Fahrenheit or Celsius.
- Click Finished.
- Click Add Plug-ins in Yahoo Messenger, then click Start for Yahoo Weather Plug-ins.
The changes to temperature measurement may take a few moments, so thanks in advance for your patience. If after a few minutes you don't notice the change to the temperature measurement, please try stopping and starting the Yahoo Weather Plug-in.