How to Automatically Sign In to Messenger on Your Mobile Device
This article gives steps for automatically logging in to Yahoo Messenger on your cell phone.
If you haven't registered your mobile device in Yahoo Messenger, you can find the instructions in How to Register Your Mobile Device in Yahoo Messenger. You'll need to do that first before proceeding.
There are two ways to set up Yahoo Messenger to automatically sign in to your mobile device. Choose the one that you prefer.
- Sign in to Yahoo Messenger on your computer.
- Click the telephone icon next to your display image at the top of the Messenger window and select Always Sign In to (your mobile number).
Note: To turn off this feature, just select Always Sign In to (your mobile number) to clear it.
For Messenger 10 and older:
- From the Messenger menu, select Preferences.
- Under Category, click General, and the General settings display at the right.
- Select the checkbox option for Always sign in to my mobile device when I exit Yahoo Messenger.
- To turn off this feature, click to clear the checkbox option for Always Sign In to (your mobile number).
- Click OK.
For Messenger 11:
- Select Preferences from the Messenger menu.
- Select Mobile from the Category list.
- Check the box Sign me in to SMS when I sign out of Messenger on my computer.
- To turn off this feature, click to clear the checkbox option for Sign me in to SMS when I sign out of Messenger on my computer.
- Click OK.
If you own a BlackBerry or an iPhone, go to the Yahoo Mobile page to get a version of Yahoo Messenger to install that is designed specifically for your mobile device.