No webcam found, not connected errors
Try these basic troubleshooting tips if you can't view a contact's webcam, are unable to broadcast with your webcam, or if you are receiving a "no webcam found" error message.
Basic webcam troubleshooting steps:
- External webcam unplugged: Check to see if your external webcam was accidentally unplugged from your computer.
- Close other programs: Another program may be using your webcam.
- Close other programs and then try accessing your webcam again.
- Another program crashed: If another program has crashed, it might not have successfully released your webcam.
- Close all programs and restart your computer.
- Reinstall: If you have an external webcam, it might not have installed correctly.
- Try reinstalling your webcam software program according to the manufacturer's instructions.
- For more information, see reinstalling your webcam.
- Camera source: Perhaps [partner/] [property_messenger/] is using the incorrect camera device on your computer.
- Try changing the camera source.
- For more information, see changing your camera source.
- Configuration: Your webcam might not be configured correctly.
- Try reconfiguring your webcam according to the manufacturer's instructions.
- Most webcam manufacturers provide documentation for their products on their websites.
- Webcam compatibility: Your webcam might not be compatible with [partner/] [property_messenger/].
- You can verify this by reviewing webcam compatibility requirements for [partner/] [property_messenger/].
- For additional webcam troubleshooting see troubleshooting webcam or video calling image issues.