Fix streaming data problems
Are you seeing a problem with quotes data not updating on Yahoo Finance? Follow the steps below to get quotes data streaming again.
Fixing Streaming Quotes
Before moving from one step to the next, test to see if the problem is fixed.
- Make sure Streaming Quotes is turned on:
- Go to any quote summary page.
- Click the Streaming gear icon .
- Next to "Streaming Quotes," click OFF to turn it on. (The current status is displayed and can be turned off/on.)
- Check you're using a supported Web browser.
- Your Web browser's cookies must be enabled for Yahoo Finance to save your Streaming Quotes setting. See how to accept and enable cookies in our help article about sign-in troubleshooting.
- Temporarily disable your anti-virus or security software.
- It's best if you use a broadband connection such as T1, cable, Wi-Fi, or FiOS. Streaming Quotes does not work well with dial-up or ISDN Internet connections.
- If a Yahoo Finance page is inactive for more than 25 minutes, Streaming Quotes stops updating data.
- Streaming Quotes can vary due to other factors, including trading volume, market conditions, and system performance.