Register for a Yahoo ID using a feature phone
Don't have a smartphone? You can still sign up for a Yahoo ID using a non-smartphone device.
Signing up for a Yahoo ID using a feature phone (non-smartphone)
- Using your mobile web browser, navigate to http://m.yahoo.com/.
- Select Sign in.
- Select Sign up.
- Select one of the following options:
- Using mobile number as Yahoo ID.
- Using 3rd Party Email address as Yahoo ID.
- Enter your first/last name, mobile number, date of birth, and password.
- You will be sent an SMS text message containing a URL and verification code that will expire in 24 hours.
- Using a desktop, tablet or smartphone device, go to the URL and enter the code to complete registration.
- Be sure to provide your actual date of birth as it may be used later to help verify ownership of the account.
- If you attempt to access Yahoo Mail or Yahoo Messenger on a desktop computer, you'll be prompted to upgrade to a standard Yahoo ID.