View Sign-in Activity by IP Address and Location
The Login Activity feature shows the locations and IP addresses that your account has recently been accessed from. We have the information you need to understand these access points.
- We match your IP address to a general geographical location.
- Users who access their account from the United States will see the State.
- If you access your account using a single computer, the IP addresses you see should be the same or start with the same two sets of numbers.
- For example, "209.16.xx.xx."
- If you're seeing an IP address that differs greatly from your usual IP address, it could mean either:
- You've recently accessed your account from a different location.
- Someone else has accessed your account.
- If you're suspicious of an IP address in your history, you can use a utility like whois to gather more information about that IP address.
Switching between Location and IP Address views
- Sign in to your Yahoo account information.
- Under "Sign-In and Security," click View your recent sign-in activity.
- Click Location | IP Address to toggle between views.
Important: In some cases, mobile providers and internet proxies may appear in your "Login Activity" as being from a different geographic location than what you’re normally based in. This may result in a Login Activity event we’ve marked as suspicious even if it could have been performed by yourself.