See a red box and number with the bell-shaped icon in the header of a Yahoo page? That's an indication that you have a notification pending.
Notification types and triggers
- Responses and feedback to comments you made on Yahoo articles.
- Conversations you have with friends on Yahoo articles.
- Feedback on your reviews of content on Yahoo, such as travel destinations and local businesses.
- Yahoo Alerts that you have subscribed to, like Stock Quotes and Breaking News.
- Important activity related to your Yahoo account, such as a password change.
Checking your notifications
- Click the bell icon to open your notifications list.
- A number with the bell icon is an indication that you have new notifications since you last checked them.
- Once you have viewed the notifications list, you will no longer see the red box until you have received another notification.
- Each notification offers you one or more buttons that let you take action related to the notification, such as accepting a conversation request or reading an article.
- Notifications are only available in some Yahoo products.
- You may also receive notifications as email messages.