How Yahoo uses SSL encryption to protect your account
SSL (Secure Sockets Layer) is an industry standard for encrypting private data sent over the Internet. In other words, it helps keep your information safe!
How to tell if SSL is being used
Look for the "s" in the start of the Web address:
- SSL is being used: https://
- SSL is not being used: http://
Why using SSL is important
- Helps to protect your account from hackers.
- Helps ensure security of all private data sent over the Internet, like credit cards and passwords.
How SSL works
Encryption scrambles and unscrambles your data.
- A public key scrambles the data.
- A private key unscrambles the data.
SSL and your Internet browser
- Your browser must be supported for SSL to be activated.
- Longer page download time can occur with SSL encryption.