Create a user account in Password Manager
A user account is a user name and password combination that you create and can use to password protect your site or site folders or can be used to provide someone with FTPS access to your account.
To set up a user account:
- Go to the Manage tab of your Web Hosting Control Panel.
- Click the Password Manager link.
- Enter a name in the Name field. This will be the username used to sign in to the account.
- Decide on a password for the account and enter it in the Password field.
- Re-enter the password in the next field to confirm your spelling.
- Click Add User.
- The new user account will appear under Manage User Accounts.
Did you know? Both the user name and password are case sensitive, so be sure to provide them exactly as you created them.
After you set up a user account, you can give it access to view or publish to (using FTPS) an area of your site:
Thank you! Your feedback has successfully been submitted.
Please tell us why you didn't find this helpful.