How do I back up my database?
To schedule a MySQL database backup:
- Click the File Manager link on the Create & Update, Manage, or Index tabs of your Web Hosting Control Panel.
Create & Update Tab: File Manager Link
Manage Tab: File Manager Link
- If you do not already have a subdirectory where you can store your database backup, create a new subdirectory.
File Manager: Create Subdirectory Link
- Click the Open Database Utilities link on the left side of the page.
File Manager: Open Database Utilities Link
- Click the Backup Database link under Database Utilities on the left side of the page.
Backup Database Link
- Select the directory in which you would like your database backup stored and click the Create Backup button at the bottom of the page.
Create Database Backup Buttons
We strongly recommend that you password-protect your database backup directory.
Thank you! Your feedback has successfully been submitted.
Please tell us why you didn't find this helpful.