Add or edit HTML code in a webpage
To edit an HTML file:
- Go to the Create & Update or Manage tab of your Web Hosting Control Panel
- Click File Manager
- Click the editor icon next to the file's name
- The file will open in the HTML Editor, where you can make your changes
Note that Site Solution does not support custom HTML. (To learn about Site Solution's built-in suite of features, see Site Solution help.)
If you're using SiteBuilder or your own site building software, you can add and edit HTML in any of your pages. Learn how to edit HTML in SiteBuilder.
If you're using SiteBuilder to create your web site, you can also install certain add-ons from within the tool itself. Learn more about SiteBuilder add-ons.
To work with your HTML in a third-party tool, please consult that tool's help files.
We recommend using the tools in your File Manager to place an add-on in your page. To insert the add-on code:
- First view your page and decide where you want the add-on to appear. For this example, we'll add a counter to the bottom of our page.
- Visit your File Manager and locate the name of the page (mypage.html, for example) to which you want to add the counter.
- Click the "Edit" icon next to the HTML file you'd like to edit.
- Take a look at the code displayed in the HTML Editor. You don't need to understand what it means — just look for some key words. Your page might look something like this:
I'm going to add a counter to the bottom of this example page.
Since this is the last paragraph, I'll add the counter below.
- You can add the code for your add-on anywhere you like between the bits of code, or tags, that look like this: and . These tags mark the beginning and end of the HTML that controls the information displayed on your page.
- Since we want to add our counter to the bottom of the page, we'll want to insert the counter code before