Creating a CSV file using Microsoft Excel
Merchant Solutions catalogs may managed by downloading a table spreadsheet, making your desired changes, and uploading the updated spreadsheet using the Upload/Download tab. To learn how to upload and download spreadsheets for a Merchant Solutions account, please see our Upload/Download help page.
Microsoft Excel is the easiest way to create a CSV file to upload to your Yahoo Store.
To create a CSV file with Microsoft Excel
- Open Microsoft Excel.
- Type each of the field names into its own data cell in record 1. A record is the numbered horizontal rows in Excel which are made up of specific cells. For example, record 1 is made up of cells A1, B1, C1, D1, etc. There are currently 13 fields available in a database upload:
- Availability *
- Ypath **
- Type a record for each item begining with record 2.
- After the last field of the last record, set your cursor to the first field of the next record and save.
- Go to the "File" menu and select "Save As."
- Save as type:
For PC -- CSV (comma delimited)(*.csv)
For Macintosh -- CSV (Windows format)
- Click "Save."
Please note the following:
- To create a carriage return (linebreak) in Excel, you will need to press and hold the "Alt" key and press "Enter" (or "Return") on your keyboard.
- When saving as a CSV file, Excel should automatically add the commas to seperate each field and add any necessary quotations. For example, a field that requires requires quotes (such as a multi-worded option) will only require single quotes. Excel should add the necessary double quotation marks.
Thank you! Your feedback has successfully been submitted.
Please tell us why you didn't find this helpful.