Set up unique codes for item options
Catalog Manager allows you to set up unique codes for each combination of options. Having unique codes allows you to more accurately track your inventory and reflect that information on your site if displaying availability.
Unique codes are required if you're setting up cross-sell items. Cross-sell won't work for two items that share the same options code or both have blank code fields.
If you have products with Options data, such as apparel, you must create Options Codes for each possible combination of Options. Once every Option has its own Code, you can manage the inventory level of each Option as a separate item.
- From your Store Control Panel, click Catalog Manager.
- In the ID column, click the ID for the item you need to modify.
- If you haven't already, enter all the options for your item into the Options box.
- Scroll down to the Options field for that product, and click Enter Individual Item Codes.
- The "Add Item - Options Codes" page contains a row for each possible combination of Options. Enter a unique code for each option into the Code box.
Select a unique Option combination from the drop-down menu.
- Click Save and Continue.
- Click Save.
Your product now includes an expand icon ("+") beside the product code. Click it to see your new Options Codes.
Thank you! Your feedback has successfully been submitted.
Please tell us why you didn't find this helpful.