Yahoo Local Listings Policy
The goal of Yahoo Local is to connect Yahoo users to the products and services of their local businesses. To provide the best possible experience, Yahoo has established the following guidelines to help maximize the quality of Yahoo Local Listings. All Yahoo Local Listings providers must comply with these guidelines which, in addition to the Yahoo Terms of Service, set forth basic rules for Yahoo Local Listings.
Please help us maintain the quality of the Yahoo network. If you see a listing that violates our guidelines or terms, please let us know by contacting us here.
Yahoo Local Listings Providers must:
- Comply with applicable laws. Do not sell an item to any customer in a jurisdiction where the item violates applicable laws or regulations. Do not use or manipulate Yahoo Local for any fraudulent or illegal activity or purpose.
- Promote the products and services available at brick-and-mortar physical businesses. If your business is purely online, you may not participate in Yahoo Local Listings.
- Accurately and clearly describe your business and the services you offer. Do not include any language in your business or product descriptions that may confuse potential customers or cause your business to be included in search results that don't accurately describe your business or products. In addition,
- Provide an accurate, valid, street address (no P. O. boxes) and phone number
- Select business categories that reflect your offered products and services
- If you include a URL, it must link to a functioning, relevant website that is the same as the URL address provided
- If your business has multiple locations, each business listing should be unique. Submit only one listing with the same business name, address, phone number, or website URL. Do not attempt to submit multiple Basic (free) local listings by using different Yahoo accounts for the same business.
- Doctors, dentists, lawyers, and realtors are allowed a listing for their office and additional listings for each professional at that office.
- Chain retailers may use a common URL across multiple listings for different physical shop locations.
- Be a good member of the online community. Do not engage in any action or put any material on Yahoo Local designed to cause harm to Yahoo or user systems. Do not transmit material that contains viruses, trojan horses, worms, time bombs, or other scripts or routines that may damage, interfere with, surreptitiously intercept, or expropriate any system, data, or personal information, or that imposes an unreasonably or disproportionately large load on our system.
Yahoo Local Content Policy
It is the responsibility of the listing provider to ensure that any listed business, product or service complies with all applicable laws and regulations. In addition, every business listed on Yahoo Local must be consistent with Yahoo's policies, as determined at Yahoo's sole discretion. Yahoo reserves the right to, but has no duty to, reject or remove any item or listing at Yahoo's sole discretion and may terminate the listing provider's account (including Yahoo ID and email).
The Local Content guidelines listed below play an important role in maintaining a positive experience for Yahoo Local users and business owners. You may not list a business that contains the following types of content.
Sexually Explicit Material
Yahoo does not allow content in local listings that contains nudity, or obscene or sexually explicit material, or that drives traffic to such content.
Escort Services and Prostitution
Local listings for businesses that provide prostitution and paid sex services are not allowed.
Defamatory, Hateful and Threatening Language and Content
Yahoo does not allow content that threatens, bullies or advocates doing physical harm to people, properties, businesses or products. Hateful discourse directed at people based on their race or ethnic origin, religion, disability, gender, age, veteran status, or sexual orientation/gender identity is not allowed. Vulgar or obscene language is not allowed.
Infringement of Intellectual Property Rights
Yahoo does not allow content or sales of any item that violates copyrights, trademarks, patents, publicity, or privacy rights of third parties. Examples include, but are not limited to: products from sellers engaged in piracy, unauthorized copies of software and media, counterfeit or “replica” versions of name brand products, and inauthentic versions of sports and other memorabilia.
Illegal Activities or Content
Local listings and associated content cannot be used for unlawful purposes or for promotion of dangerous and illegal activities, including any item that violates applicable federal, state, or local laws or regulations.
Thank you! Your feedback has successfully been submitted.
Please tell us why you didn't find this helpful.