Problems attaching or downloading files in Yahoo Mail
Having difficulty attaching or downloading files in Yahoo Mail? It's okay, we can help.
Problems attaching files to a message
- The file name contains special characters ( #, $, /, etc.).
- Rename the file without special characters, save it, and try again.
- Try our browser troubleshooting steps if renaming the file doesn't help.
Problems downloading files you received
Encrypted files are not supported
- Yahoo Mail does not accept attachments that have been encrypted, or coded to prevent unauthorized access.
- Check with the sender to verify the file wasn't encrypted.
Can't find the downloaded file
- Check your browser settings to determine where downloaded files are saved, by default.
- Consult your browser's help pages for additional assistance, as these settings vary.
Need more info? See our help article about attachments in Yahoo Mail.
Thank you! Your feedback has successfully been submitted.
Please tell us why you didn't find this helpful.