Attachments in Yahoo Mail
Sometimes words just aren't enough. Send a song to your special someone, documents to your boss, or photos to your family. You can even share your Flickr photos and Dropbox files right from Yahoo Mail.
Working with attachments
It's easy to send and receive attachments with Yahoo Mail.
Make the emails you send even more meaningful by adding attachments.
- Click Compose.
- Click the Attach Files icon .
- Your computer's file selection window opens.
- Once you locate the file(s) you want to attach, click Open (or your computer's equivalent.)
- Your attached file(s) will appear below the message body.
- Compose your email and click Send.
Did you know? If you change your mind before sending the message, you can mouse over the attached file and click the "X" that appears to remove it.
Don't have time to download an attachment? No problem! You can preview your attachments within Yahoo Mail.
Learn more by viewing our preview attachments help article.
Save files sent to you by others to your computer.
- Open a message containing an attachment.
- Click Download attachment in the message.
- Select where you would like the attachment to be saved on your computer.
Did you know? If your Yahoo account is linked to Dropbox, you'll have the option to save your attachment there instead.
In addition to attaching files, you can share photos and files from Flickr and Dropbox.
Our help article about sharing Flickr photos and Dropbox files has more info.
If you add a new recipient to an email that previously had an attachment, you'll be asked if you want to include those attachments in your reply.
Watch our help video to learn more.
Thank you! Your feedback has successfully been submitted.
Please tell us why you didn't find this helpful.