Can't receive mail with external email account
Check the following common causes to troubleshoot your external email account.
- Verify that your external account's settings (incoming / outgoing servers, port number, username, and password) are setup correctly. To verify your settings are accurate, contact the support staff of the external account.
- See if the external account's inbox has email in it. If you use an email program that deletes email from the server, there may not be any messages to download.
- The server you're attempting to contact may be behind a firewall that is blocking access.
- There could be an issue with your network. If the issue began without you changing your settings, you may want to contact your ISP or your external mail server's administrator.
- Check with your provider to see if they have any restrictions on POP, such as:
- AOL does not allow POP access.
- Hotmail requires a fee to use POP.
Was this article helpful?
Thank you! Your feedback has successfully been submitted.
Please tell us why you didn't find this helpful.