Search for your Yahoo ID
Forgot your Yahoo ID? Search for it using our Account Recovery Wizard.
Tip: Before you do a search for your Yahoo ID, take a look at some common sign in issues. If you still can't sign in, no problem -- you can search for it using the steps below.
- Go to the Account Recovery Wizard.
- Select I forgot my Yahoo ID, then click Next.
- Confirm your identity by entering your alternate email address or mobile number.
The information you enter must match the information currently listed on your Yahoo account.
- Click Next.
You'll see a confirmation that the results have been sent to your alternate email address or an SMS message to your mobile number.
- On the mobile sign in page, tap Forgot password or ID?.
- Tap Find your Yahoo ID.
- In the search field, enter the alternate email address or mobile phone number currently listed on the account.
- Tap Ok.
You'll either receive an email message or an SMS message with a list of the search results.
Important: We can only search for your Yahoo ID with a current alternate email address or mobile number. If you don't have one listed on the account, or your alternate email address or mobile number is outdated, you won't be able to receive the search results.
Thank you! Your feedback has successfully been submitted.
Please tell us why you didn't find this helpful.