About two-step verification
Add an extra layer of protection to your Yahoo account with two-step verification. If someone other than yourself tries to access your account, even if they guess your password, they still wouldn't be able to get in without using two-step verification.
Two-step verification will only trigger the first time you use your computer or device, unless you've cleared your browser's cache. If you lose your mobile phone, please sign in using a device we recognize.
Activate two-step verification
- Sign in to your Yahoo Account info page.
- Click Security, then select Two-step verification.
- Follow the instructions on the screen to complete setup.
- To verify, you'll need to choose whether you'd like to recieve an SMS or a call to your mobile device.
Some third-party apps don't work with two-step verification, and will require you to generate a separate "App Password" to connect with Yahoo. They include:
- Mail apps like iOS Mail, Android Mail, and Outlook
- Some Yahoo apps like Messenger on PC
Change your mobile number? Update it in your Yahoo account info.
Thank you! Your feedback has successfully been submitted.
Please tell us why you didn't find this helpful.