Download and install System Mechanic
When you start your Windows computer, many programs that you don’t need automatically start. Over time, there are more and more unnecessary files and features running. System Mechanic, by Yahoo, optimizes your system for efficient, secure use. Once it’s installed, a scan of your PC will automatically begin.
- Visit the System Mechanic detail page and click Try It Free for 30 Days.
- Sign in or create an account.
- Fill out the requested info and click Start my free trial.
- You may be prompted to add another service to your purchase, either accept or click No Thanks.
- To download System Mechanic, click Get started now!
- Under Get System Mechanic, click Download product.
- Click Save file.
- Open your download folder and click SystemMechanicStd_DM.exe.
- If prompted, click Yes to allow the program to make changes to your computer.
- Click Next.
- Read and accept the agreement, then click Next.
- Click Next,
- Click Install, then click Finish.
- Wait a moment for the program to load, then click Analyze Now.
- Enter the email you used to sign up, or enter the Activation Key (a copy of the key will be in a confirmation email from Iolo).