Close your Yahoo Account
You can close your Yahoo account at any time. Before doing so, please review the following info to understand what this action means for your account and your data.
What happens when my account is terminated after it's closed?
- You'll lose access to all of your data and content like your emails, email folders, Flickr photos, calendars, Yahoo Fantasy teams and Yahoo Finance portfolios.
- Your email address will be deleted and may be available for someone else to use.
Review and download your Yahoo account data
- Access your Privacy Dashboard to see details on your account.
- Find out how to download the data you want to keep.
Download your Flickr photos - You can only download your photos from within your Flickr account.
Close your Yahoo account
Active subscriptions - You can only close your account if it has no remaining balance and it's been 90 days since you've canceled any subscriptions. Visit My Subscriptions to cancel paid services and pay account balances.
- Sign in to the Yahoo account termination page.
- Read the info on terminating your account.
- Use the on-screen prompts to continue.
Recover your Yahoo account
Your account will be reactivated if you sign in to it within 30 days of closing it, with longer hold periods for accounts registered in Australia, India, or New Zealand (90 days), and Brazil, Hong Kong, or Taiwan (180 days).
- Sign in to your account.
- Verify your recovery information and you're all set.