Get started with cash back on Yahoo Shopping & Yahoo Mail
Yahoo has partnered with Rakuten to allow you to earn cash back while shopping at your favorite online stores. Place an order with an eligible store through cash back links available in places like Yahoo Shopping and Yahoo Mail. Rakuten will add cash back to your Rakuten account on eligible purchases!
Rakuten is a great way to earn cash back and find deep discounts when you shop. Since 1997, Rakuten has helped shape the way people shop online. Rakuten acquired Ebates and ShopStyle and has grown to over 12 million members to remain the largest, free member-based savings program in the U.S. To date, members have earned over $1.5 billion in cash back. To find out more, go to Rakuten.com.
Currently, cash back powered by Rakuten is only available to U.S. users.
Yahoo offers several features and tools, so you can earn cash back from Rakuten in the ways that work best for you such as:
- Earn up to 15% cash back on select stores.
- Note that cash back rates change daily according to promotions.
- It's not permitted to have more than one Rakuten account per person.
- Cash back rewards are indicated in purple text at the bottom of an eligible item.
- To earn cash back, you must remain signed in while using the cash back links until completing your shopping trip.
- In order to earn cash back online, you must create a Rakuten Account and also be signed in to your Yahoo account. If you don't have a Yahoo account, sign up for a free account.
For complete Rakuten Terms and Conditions, please go here.
When you’ve clicked on an eligible link to earn cash back at a store, you’ve created a Rakuten shopping trip. Your shopping trip is assigned a unique tracking number, which Rakuten uses to verify your purchase with the store. Your purchases will earn cash back only if you start a shopping trip with an eligible link via Yahoo Shopping or Yahoo Mail. If you don’t click on an eligible link through Yahoo Shopping or Yahoo Mail, you will not earn cash back rewards for your purchase.
You can view your past shopping trips by visiting your Rakuten account.
All returns and cancellations are subject to each store's specific policy. Returned or cancelled orders may void cash back, which would be deducted from your cash back balance, depending on the store's policy and you will not receive cash back for that transaction. If a store processes your exchanged order as a cancellation and a new transaction is created, the exchange may be treated as a cancelled order. Yahoo and Rakuten are not responsible for how a store handles exchanges, or for any lost cash back as a result of how a store handles an exchange.
To receive cash back when you need to make an exchange, you can instead return the item and place an entirely new order at that store. Just make sure to start your shopping with Yahoo Shopping or Yahoo Mail cash back links and note that then-current cash back rates will apply to your new order.
To make sure you get cash back, double-check that you've:
- Activated your Rakuten account.
- Logged in to Yahoo Mail or Yahoo Shopping.
- Started your shopping trip on the "Cash Back" tab on Yahoo Shopping or “Deals” tab on Yahoo Mail.
- Received the following message when you click on a cash back-eligible item:
Once you're on the store's website, please make sure that you do not enable any other non-Rakuten cash back programs! If you do, this may invalidate your shopping trip and as a result, you may not receive cash back.
You can track your cash back different ways including:
- Sign in to Yahoo Shopping and go to your Cash Back tab. Click check cash back balance. That will take you to your Rakuten account to track your cash back balance.
- Go directly to your Cash Back Balance page on Rakuten.
Keep in mind:
- If you haven't received your cash back, check out Rakuten's help article.
- If you just shopped and want to make sure it was recorded, go to Rakuten's website for more info.
- All cash back reward confirmations are sent to the email address associated with the Yahoo account you used to register for Rakuten cash back.
- After making a purchase, it usually takes some time for the store to confirm that your purchase was completed. Depending on the store, this can take a few hours to several days.
- Missing emails: Check your Spam and Junk folders to make sure the email hasn't been routed somewhere else.
Follow these steps to receive your cash back payout:
- Add a mailing address to your Rakuten account. A mailing address is required for timely payments of all types, including PayPal. You can add or update your current address in your Rakuten Account Settings.
- Earn cash back that adds up to more than $5.00* before the next cash back payment period (see timetable below). If your approved cash back is $5.00 or less, it'll carry over to the following period. Visit “My Account” on Rakuten to check the status of cash back for any order.
*To be included in your next payment, cash back must be approved by the store you purchased from.
The Rakuten payment schedule
Cash back payments are sent every three months, based on the schedule below which may be subject to change by Rakuten without prior notice:
|Purchases Posted Between||Payment Sent|
|Jan 1 - Mar 31||May 15|
|Apr 1 - June 30||Aug 15|
|July 1 - Sept 30||Nov 15|
|Oct 1 - Dec 31||Feb 15|
When you're signed in to your Rakuten account, these topics may be of help:
For more info about the cash back program, visit Rakuten's Help Center.
If you have additional questions, feel free to reach out to the Rakuten Member Services team.