Cannot send or receive Yahoo email in a third-party app
In this day and age technology evolves at a rapid pace and Yahoo works on providing a top notch security and service to our users while keeping our email service up to date.
Sometimes, due to this rapid pace, errors may appear while using your third-party email apps and you are suddenly unable to send or receive email with Yahoo Mail in a third-party app that used to work. Find out how to identify the root cause of the issue and fix it.
Use a web browser and try to sign in to your Yahoo Mail account. If you're asked to change your password, update your account info, or you get an error, use the following resources to get back into your account.
- Reset your existing password.
- Fix other sign in issues that can occur.
- Update your Yahoo account recovery info.
- Switch to Yahoo Account Key and stop using passwords all together.
- If you change your password, remember to update your login info in the app to reflect it.
- Set up a third-party app password if you're using two-step verification or Account Key.
If you're able to sign in without issue, send yourself an email from the web interface.
- If you don't get an error - your account is working as expected.
- If you get an error - search our help pages for that error to find the troubleshooting steps.
This means there's something wrong with the app. Download the Yahoo Mail app from the app store and use that instead or do any of the following:
- Delete Yahoo Mail from the app and re-add it. Steps for mobile:
- Apps with outdated security now require you grant them access in Yahoo Mail.
- Contact your app manufacturer for additional troubleshooting options.