Help for Postmaster sending issues
We want Yahoo Mail accounts to get the messages they want and avoid those they don't. If you're a postmaster for an organization that's having problems sending to Yahoo email addresses, we have some suggestions that should help.
Why messages to Yahoo can be deferred
Depending on the error you receive your messages can be deferred temprarily or permanently. You can learn more about your specific error in the articles linked below:
- 4xx SMTP error codes are generally temporary and resolve themselves within a few hours.
- 5xx SMTP error codes are permanent delivery failures, and should be adressed by the postmaster or network administrator for your outgoing mail servers.
- Review the Yahoo Mail SMTP error code list for a summary of every bounceback message error code you can receive.
If you're still having difficulty sending to Yahoo Mail addresses:
- Make sure you're following our best practices for bulk mail senders and postmasters.
- You can also apply for new sender status.
- Learn why your messages may be blocked by Yahoo Mail.