Overview of Leagues in Yahoo Fantasy
Your league is at the heart of all fantasy sports games. Each league is comprised of 4 to 20 managers, like yourself, who come together and compete to see who can come out on top. There are several different types of leagues you can chose from and deciding which one is right for you is an important first step.
From a sport's homepage, click Get Another Team to compete against others from around the world.
- Public Leagues (Yahoo Free League) - These leagues use the sport's default settings. You'll join at least 12 (10 in Football) other managers, where Yahoo is the commish.
- Custom Leagues - These are private leagues that can be opened up to the public. The size of the league, all league settings, and the rules are managed by another player. This commish has full control to lock your team or even kick you from the league.
Private Leagues are only accessible by creating one or being invited to one. They're great for groups of friends, family, or co-workers.
- Private Leagues - The league's creator controls all settings, rules used by the league, and who can join.
- Renewed Leagues - These are Private Leagues that have the same settings and managers from year to year. This lets everyone returning jump into the new season without invites and with minimal setup.
- Keeper Leagues - These are Renewed Leagues that let each manager keep some of their players from the previous season. This adds a layer of realism to the game.
If you're looking to win some money, you can join people from around the world or people you know and compete for cash payouts. Make sure to read the rules and restrictions before trying to join, as these leagues are not available for everyone.
- Pro Leagues - These function the same way as Public Leagues, only that they require an entry fee and you get payouts for the top 3 places.
- Cash Leagues - These function the same way as Private and Custom Leagues, only they require an entry fee and you get payouts for up to the top 5 places (defined by the league's commish).
Take first place in certain leagues last season and gain the opportunity to join a new league type next season that lets you face off against other winners for bragging rights. Only the best of the best can win!
- Winners League - If you come in 1st place in a Public League, next season you can select this league type from the available list of joinable leagues next season.
- Champion of Champions League - If you come in 1st place in a Public League or a Private League containing a large number of managers, you'll get an invite next season in your email for this league type.