Write, format, and send emails in Yahoo Mail
Personalize the emails you send in Yahoo Mail. Choose what you want to say and how you want to say it by customizing the email and font options for all your messages.
- Click Compose.
- In the "To" field, type the name or email address of your contact.
- In the "Subject" field, type a brief summary of the email.
- Type your message in the body of the email.
- Click Send.
Use the formatting toolbar
The formatting toolbar lets you change the font, color, and style of your text.
In Yahoo Mail, mouse over each icon to learn what it does.
Set the default font
- Mouse over the Settings icon | select Settings.
- Click Writing email.
- Select the font from the drop-down menus next to "Default rich text font."
- Click Save.
Don't see the formatting toolbar? Click the double arrows to show more options.