Fix issues with Yahoo Account Key
Account Key boosts security by sending a prompt to your mobile phone instead of using a password to access the account. Use this guide to answer any questions or address any issues that may come up.
Live agent help - Contact paid premium support at (800) 745-0739
If you want to go back to using a password, learn how to disable Account Key.
You can't use two-step verification with Account Key. If you want to go back to using a password, disable Account Key and enable two-step verification.
Try the following first:
- Allow or turn on notifications - Enable notifications in the Yahoo Mail app and from your mobile device.
- Request another notification - Click Resend on the Yahoo page to generate a new notification.
Still not getting an Account Key:
- Go to the Yahoo sign-in page.
- Enter your email address, then click Next.
- Click Use text or email to sign in or Try another way to sign in.
- Enter the missing digits of your phone number, then click Submit.
- If you have access to this phone, click Yes, text me a verification code.
- Don't have access? You'll get the option to verify your alternate email address instead.
- Tap or enter a verification code to confirm.
- Click Continue to access your account.
To use some older third-party apps, you'll need to generate an app password to access your Yahoo Mail.
You'll have to wait 24 hours before trying to sign in because you exceeded the number of text messages allowed per day. After 24 hours, sign in using the Yahoo Mail app on your mobile phone.