Supported Web browsers
Yahoo works best with the latest versions of the Web browsers listed below (excluding "beta" versions). If you're using an outdated or unsupported Web browser, some Yahoo features may not work properly.
Download a new Web browser
Click any of the Web browser names below to download the latest versions.
Update your current Web browser
- Click the Firefox Settings icon .
- Click Open Help Menu .
- Click About Firefox.
- Click Update Firefox.
- If it says "Firefox is up to date" you already have the latest version.
- Restart Firefox.
- Click the Customize Chrome Icon .
- Click About Google Chrome.
- The "About" page opens.
- Click Relaunch.
- Note: Chrome automatically checks for the latest version.
- Click the Apple Menu icon .
- Click Software Update.
- The "Software Update" window appears.
- If "Safari" is listed under "Update Available," click Update.
- The Safari update will download and install automatically.
Note: If a Safari browser window is open, a pop-up will appear. Click Continue to complete the update.
- Click the Internet Explorer Settings icon .
- Click About Internet Explorer.
- Select Install new versions automatically.
- The "User Account Control" window appears.
- Click Yes.
- The "User Account Control" window closes.
- Click Close.
- Restart Internet Explorer.
Unsupported browsers and operating systems
The browsers in this list are typically no longer supported by their developer.
The operating systems in this list have known security issues or are no longer supported by their developer.
- Mac OSx 10.6 and earlier
- Microsoft Windows Vista and earlier
- Linux - Yahoo works on Linux, however due to the open source nature of Linux, we cannot guarantee compatibility.
Thank you! Your feedback has successfully been submitted.
Please tell us why you didn't find this helpful.