Change SafeSearch settings on a mobile device
The Yahoo SafeSearch feature is designed to filter out explicit, inappropriate, and adult-oriented content from Yahoo Search results. From a mobile device, you can change the filter's sensitivity level.
- Sign in to Yahoo.
- Search any term to get to a Yahoo Search results page.
- Scroll to the bottom of the page.
- Tap Settings.
- Under "SafeSearch," tap the drop-down menu.
- Tap Strict, Moderate, or Off, based on your preference.
- Tap Done.
- Tap Save.
- If you chose "Off", you're prompted to confirm you're at least 18, and understand the conditions of use.
- Tap I Accept.
By default - SafeSearch is set to "Moderate."
Thank you! Your feedback has successfully been submitted.
Please tell us why you didn't find this helpful.