Fix problems with Yahoo Mail in iOS Mail
Most iOS Mail app issues are caused by invalid settings or if there's something wrong with the Yahoo Mail account that you're trying to add.
Check if your account works outside of the app
- From a computer, open a web browser.
- Log in to your Yahoo Mail account.
- Compose a new email and add your own address in the "To" field.
- Send the email and see if it arrives within 5 minutes.
If any issues occur, you'll need to address those before the account will work in an app.
Update your operating system
Apple releases updates to their operating system any time they identify a fix to an issue. Make sure you're using the latest version of the iOS software.
Remove and re-add Yahoo Mail to iOS Mail
Settings that connect Yahoo Mail to the app can be incorrect or corrupt.
Add Yahoo Mail to iOS Mail with IMAP
If the automated setup process fails to obtain the correct server info, you can manually enter it.
- Remove your Yahoo Mail account from iOS Mail.
- Set up an account manually in iOS Mail using the Yahoo Mail IMAP settings.
Use the Yahoo Mail app
If you're still unable to connect to the iOS Mail app, there might be something wrong with the device. You can still access Yahoo Mail by downloading the Yahoo Mail app.
Thank you! Your feedback has successfully been submitted.
Please tell us why you didn't find this helpful.