Password still doesn't work on a mobile device
Password or authentication-related problems on mobile devices, which have no obvious root cause or resolution, may be related to a conflict in the account's security settings.
Important: Before doing the following steps, make sure you've tried our troubleshooting steps for mobile password issues.
Detecting and fixing potential security settings conflicts
- Sign in to your Yahoo Mail account from a desktop computer.
- Mouse over the Menu icon | select Account Info.
- For your account's security, you'll be asked to enter your password again.
- Click Sign In.
- Under "Sign-In and Security," click Manage apps and website connections.
- You'll see websites, applications, and mobile devices that you've authorized to access your Yahoo account.
- Click Remove next to any entries listed for Yahoo for your mobile device.
- Sign in to your Yahoo Mail account on your mobile device, which should fix the problem.
Thank you! Your feedback has successfully been submitted.
Please tell us why you didn't find this helpful.