Error message: "Unable to process request at this time -- error 999"
This error is usually temporary. If it continues, we have some common causes and suggestions for fixing "Error 999" that can help.
Why am I getting the error?
Possible causes include:
- Unusually high activity from either your computer, mobile device, or IP address to specific Yahoo pages.
- Sharing an Internet connection with others.
- Spyware and/or viruses.
- These can potentially change your system settings and prevent you from accessing certain websites, like Yahoo.
- Your browser is not enabled to accept cookies from Yahoo.
- Using a third-party software program or application to access Yahoo.
How can I fix it?
- Try accessing Yahoo from another computer or a different Internet connection.
- Enable your browser to accept cookies.
- See our help article about setting your browser to accept cookies for more information.
- Access Yahoo! using a supported browser and operating system.
- Scan your system for spyware, malware, or other viruses.
- See our Yahoo Security Center's related help article for more information.
- Make sure your Internet connection is not being used by others.
- For example, protect a home Wi-Fi connection with a password.
Thank you! Your feedback has successfully been submitted.
Please tell us why you didn't find this helpful.