Temporary Error 19 & Error 999
Occasionally, issues in Yahoo Mail can cause "Temporary Error 19" or "Error 999" to appear. These errors are usually temporary and will correct themselves within 30 minutes.
If the error continues, here are some common causes and suggestions for fixing "Error 999" or "Temporary Error 19."
If you get a Temporary Error 19 or Error 999 message telling you your account is temporarily locked, sign out of all browsers and devices for at least 30 minutes, then try accessing your Yahoo again. Repeated attempts to access Yahoo while the account is locked can keep it locked for a longer time.
Why am I getting the error?
Possible causes include:
- Unusually high activity from either your computer, mobile device, or IP address to specific Yahoo pages.
- Sharing an Internet connection with others.
- Spyware and/or viruses.
- These can potentially change your system settings and prevent you from accessing certain websites, like Yahoo.
- Your browser is not enabled to accept cookies from Yahoo.
- Using a third-party software program or application to access Yahoo.
How can I fix it?
- Try accessing Yahoo from another computer or a different Internet connection.
- Enable your browser to accept cookies.
- See our help article about setting your browser to accept cookies for more information.
- Access Yahoo! using a supported browser and operating system.
- Scan your system for spyware, malware, or other viruses.
- See our Safety Center's related help article for more information.
- Make sure your Internet connection is not being used by others.
- For example, protect a home Wi-Fi connection with a password.