Chat with Facebook friends in Yahoo Messenger
Want to chat with your Facebook buddies on Yahoo Messenger? Once you link your Facebook account to Yahoo, you'll be able to chat with your Facebook friends in no time!
Link Yahoo and Facebook accounts
- Click Messenger | select Preferences.
- Under "Category," select Connected Networks.
- Click Link to Facebook.
- Sign in to your Facebook account.
-Terms and policy page appears.
- Click Okay.
- Close the "Preferences" window.
Once you have linked your Yahoo and Facebook accounts, follow the steps below to sign in or out of Facebook Chat.
Start a chat with Facebook friends
- Click the Messenger menu | select Sign in to Facebook Chat.
- Double-click a Facebook friend's name to open a conversation window.
- Appear to be on Facebook chat: When you're chatting from Yahoo Messenger, you'll appear as "Online" to your Facebook friends and they won't know that you're not chatting from Facebook.
- Conversation History doesn't save Facebook chats: Your Facebook chats aren't saved in your Yahoo Messenger Conversation History.
- You can only link one Yahoo account at a time: You can only link your Facebook account to one Yahoo account at a time.
- If you try to link another Yahoo account, you'll get a message telling you that your account is already linked.
- You'll need to unlink the current Yahoo account before linking a different Yahoo account to a single Facebook account.
Thank you! Your feedback has successfully been submitted.
Please tell us why you didn't find this helpful.