Send a screenshot in Yahoo Messenger
Want send your screen captures in Messenger or Mail? Here's how:
Send a snapshot in Yahoo Messenger
- Open an Conversation window (or "IM window") in Messenger.
- Have the view on your computer screen that you wish to see in the snapshot.
- Click the Snapshot icon (picture frame).
- Your screen will darken and your mouse displays a crosshair.
- To capture something in Messenger, select the arrow on the right side of the Snapshot icon and select Include This Window in Snapshot.
- Move your mouse to the area in the screen where you want to start your snapshot.
- As you click and drag your mouse diagonally, it creates a window.
- Continue until you have your snapshot, then release your mouse.
- When you release your mouse you'll see three icons at the bottom-right.
- Click the icon for what action you'd like to accomplish, this will complete the snapshot process:
- X icon: Cancel the snapshot. (Sometimes you need to practice a few times to get it right.)
- Disk icon: Save the file to your desktop or another location on your computer.
- Checkmark icon: Share the snapshot with the person you are currently IMing.
You can save the snapshot file type as a JPEG (.jpg), Bitmap (.bmp), or PNG (.png) - To change the file type, click the arrow for "Save as type," and select a file type.
Send a snapshot in Yahoo Mail
Sending the screenshot to Yahoo Customer Care? Make sure your screenshot is in JPEG format.
- Click Attach or Attach File (next to the paperclip) above the Compose window.
- Navigate to the file located on your computer.
- Click Open or OK.
- You'll see the file name appear above your Compose window. If you want to add more attachments, repeat this process.
-You can keep adding attachments until you reach the 10MB message limit.
Thank you! Your feedback has successfully been submitted.
Please tell us why you didn't find this helpful.