Change font and color of text in messages
Personalize your font settings by changing the default font and color for text in your instant messages.
Change default font settings
- In the Messenger window, click Messenger | select Preferences.
-The "Yahoo Messenger Preferences" window opens.
- Under "Category", click Appearance.
-The Appearance options display at the right.
- Click Change Fonts & Colors.
-The "Message Text Style" window opens.
- Change the settings for the font, font style, font size, and font color.
- Once you have them the way you like, click OK, to set them as your default font settings.
- Note: Click Cancel if you don't want to use these settings.
- Click OK.
- You'll be returned to the Yahoo Messenger Preferences window.
- Note: If you only want to see your default settings, click the checkbox option for Always use my fonts and colors.
- Your font settings will then override your friends' font settings and you'll just see your font preferences in the Conversation window.
- Click Apply
- Click OK.
Change font and color of text in a single conversations window
- Above the message typing area in your IM window, click the T (text format) icon
-Formatting tool box opens.
- Use the format tools to make any text formatting changes.
-These formatting changes will affect this window only.
-The text formatting in any other open IM window will not change.
Tip: These formatting tools are not available when you are in a conversation with a Windows Live contact or sending SMS messages from Yahoo.
Thank you! Your feedback has successfully been submitted.
Please tell us why you didn't find this helpful.