Add contacts to your Messenger list
It's a easy to add someone to your Messenger contact list. Here's how:
- In the Messenger window, click Contacts | select Add a contact.
-The "Add to Messenger List" dialog box opens.
- Enter the Messenger ID or email address of your contact.
- Enter a mobile device number (Optional).
- Select the group that you'd like to add this contact to.
- "Friends," the default group, adds the contact name to your main Messenger List.
- Add a brief introduction in the box that follows (Optional).
- Select Change to make the changes to your display name which displays to your recipient. If there is any select an alias from the pull-down menu (Optional).
- Click Finish.
- When you add a contact to your Messenger List, the contact also gets added to your Yahoo Address Book.
- The contact is automatically notified and given the option to allow or deny your add request.
- If the contact denies your request, they won't appear in your Messenger List.
- You can add up to 1,000 contacts to your Messenger List.
Was this article helpful?
Thank you! Your feedback has successfully been submitted.
Please tell us why you didn't find this helpful.