Can't sign in to Yahoo Messenger
Need immediate access? Sign in Yahoo Messenger in Mail so that you can keep in touch with your contacts until your other issue is fixed.
Trouble getting signed in can be as simple as a typo or recent change in your Yahoo ID or password, but sometimes it's more complex. Use these steps to troubleshoot and fix most problems.
Check your Yahoo ID and password
Before trying anything else, go to the Yahoo Sign-In page and make sure you can access your account.
Check your CAPS LOCK - Be sure your CAPS LOCK key isn't in use when you're entering your password!
If your password didn't work - Use the Sign-in Helper to help get access.
If your password worked -
- Open Yahoo Messenger.
- Delete everything in the "Yahoo ID" and "Password" fields.
- Enter the Yahoo ID and password you just used to get into your account.
- Click Sign In.
If your Yahoo ID and password worked on the Sign-In page but you still can't sign in, make sure you're using the latest version of Yahoo Messenger.
Sometimes, older versions can become corrupted through other activities on your computer, and installing the latest version will correct the problems.
If your connection settings for Internet Explorer have been altered or have been corrupted, you'll continue to have trouble signing in.
Reset your browser connection settings and try to sign in again.
If the steps above still don't help get you sign in, you'll need to remove all references to Yahoo Messenger from your account's "Manage App and Website Connections" page.
Even though most sign in problems can be fixed with the steps above, there are still some other troubleshooting steps that can help with sign in issues:
- If you get a "Connection Troubleshooter" pop-up window, be sure to fix any Yahoo Messenger network connectivity Issues.
- Refresh your connection by power cycling your modem and router (turn them off, then on again after 30 seconds).
- Temporarily disable your firewall and antivirus software.
Thank you! Your feedback has successfully been submitted.
Please tell us why you didn't find this helpful.