Appear offline to some contacts in Yahoo Messenger
Want to hide from your friends in Yahoo Messenger? Here's how; A stealth setting of online or offline can be activated for a single contact, multiple contacts, or for an entire group. To change your stealth settings:
- Right-click on the "contact" or "group name."
- Move your pointer over Stealth Settings and select one of the following options:
- Appear Online to (contact or group name) - This is only available if you've signed in as "Invisible" or previously chosen one of the "Appear Offline" commands and is a temporary setting. (If you sign out and then sign back in, Messenger will reset so you appear to everyone as you normally do.)
- Appear Permanently Offline to (contact or group name) - With this choice, you'll appear offline to this contact or group every time you sign in to Yahoo Messenger.
- If you signed in to Messenger with the "Invisible" option, you might select the "Appear Online" option to appear online to just the few people you really want to talk to.
- If a contact in your Messenger List appears in italics, you'll appear offline to that contact.
- Lastly, if you sign in as "Invisible," your former stealth settings are erased.
Thank you! Your feedback has successfully been submitted.
Please tell us why you didn't find this helpful.